Regional Student Groups (RSGs) were implemented and conceptualized by the Student Council in 2006 with the aim to promote a collaborative research environment, to foster interaction between res working in the field of computational biology. A decade later, the SC consists of 26 RSGs across the world. RSGs are maintained by graduate students and research fellows conducting large scale events, and actively working on building a strong platform for bringing together the scientific community in the field of computational biology in their respective countries. Our RSGs are spread across six different continents around the globe in countries, for example, Brazil, Turkey, Argentina, South Africa, Mexico, Denmark, Netherlands, Australia, Luxembourg, India, and so on.
Websites including links to social media pages can be found in the table below. We encourage you to join your local RSG if you would like to support them as a volunteer or know more about their events. Further information on RSGs can be found here.
RSG Events in 2016
- Round Tables with master students, December 2015/January 2016, RSG France https://jebif.fr/fr/2015/12/tables-rondes-20152016/ (in french)
- JeBiF Pub (Come drink a beer with bioinformaticians of your city), once a month in Paris and every other month in other cities, RSG France (April 2016) https://jebif.fr/en/evenements/jebif-pubs/
- Symposium on reproducibility in computational research using Open Source software, April 2016, RSG-Denmark. http://cbiovikings.org/events/past/reproducibility.html
- Workshop @ JOBIM 2016 Lyon, June 27 2016, RSG France https://jebif.fr/en/evenements/jebif-workshop/lyon-jobim-2016/
- Student meeting and workshop, November 2016, RSG Brazil
- Student Symposium, November 2016, RSG Northern Africa
- Introduction to NGS webinar Series, February-June 2016, RSG-Africa
- RSG Belgium Symposium (May 2016, Leuven), RSG Belgium http://goo.gl/forms/whU1ay8YLe
- RSG Belgium Beer time (October 2016, Antwerp), RSG Belgium
- 2nd Latin American ISCB Student Council Symposium (Buenos Aires) RSG Argentina, organizer committee.
- BioSB PhD retreat (18 April, 2016) RSG Netherlands https://www.aanmelder.nl/biosb2016/part_program#.Vn1XoOOLRE4
- Webinar series on Bioinformatics tools (April, 2016) RSG-Sri Lanka
- COMBINE Student Symposium 2016 (likely October 2016 in Brisbane, Australia). Details will be posted at: http://combine.org.au/ RSG Australia
RSG Events in 2015
- 2nd Bioinformatics Student Symposium (Oct 7th, 2015), RSG-UK. http://rsg-uk.iscbsc.org/rsg-uk-events/symp2015.html
- The World of 3D (Feb 26th, 2015), RSG-Denmark. http://cbiovikings.org/events/past/structural-bioinformatics-symposium.html
- Fighting Cancer with Bioinformatics (Nov 21st, 2015), RSG-Denmark. http://cbiovikings.org/events/past/fightingcancer.html
- 3rd Bioinformatics Student Symposium and Keynote Speech by Dr. Jörg Menche (Oct 17th, 15), RSG-Turkey . http://bit.ly/1NX1oJ7 https://jebif.fr/en/evenements/jebif-workshop/clermont-ferrand-jobim-2015/
- Bioinformatics: prospects and challenges - Student meetings (Nov 3th, 2015), RSG Brazil. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1948380592052844&id=19...
- Benelux Bioinformatics Conference Student Symposium (Dec 6th, 2015), RSGs Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and France http://bbc2015.be/ss_about.html
- NCBI Molecular Biology Resources & Tools (Oct 27-29, 2015), RSG Northern Africa http://medicalintelligence.org/ncbi2015/
- ISCB-RSGs African Student Symposium (Mar 8th, 2015), RSGs Africa. http://scs-africa.iscbsc.org
- Satellite Workshops of Julia Language and Relational Databases (October 12-13, 2015). RSG-Argentina. http://cs.uns.edu.ar/cab2c2015/index.php/workshops-sub
- Web-servers workshop (Nov 23, 2015), RSG-Argentina.
- 1st Argentinian Wikipedia Hackathon of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. RSG-Argentina. http://www.rsgargentina.com.ar/
- RSG Belgium Symposium (May 28, 2015), RSG Belgium.
- Ecological networks and Systems Biology mini-courses at the EOBM / ENBM (Nov 9th, 2015), RSG Mexico . https://www.facebook.com/EOBM2015/
- Workshop on NGS at ICTer (August 23, 2015), the first event organized by RSG Sri Lanka.
- BioSB PhD retreat 2015 (19 May), RSG Netherlands . http://www.youngcb.nl/news/biosb-phd-retreat-2015/
- Company visit at the Hyve (3 Sept), RSG Netherlands. http://www.youngcb.nl/news/events/the-hyve-company-visit/
- COMBINE Student Symposum 2015 (Friday, 9th October, 2015), RSG Australia . http://combine.org.au/symposium-2015/
- Full list of RSG Australia events, workshops etc.: http://combine.org.au/category/combine-events